Frequently Asked Questions About Times Union


In order to use our new Subscriber Services website to manage your Times Union subscription, you must register your account.

How do I access my Times Union e-Edition subscription?

To access the electronic e-Edition version of the Times Union print edition, you must register on our Subscriber Services website.

How can I reach someone from Times Union’s broadcasting service?

Subscriber Broadcasting Services: 518 454-5454

Or on the web, 24/7: Subscriber Services – Note: Most transactions are now available online at your convenience.

Hours: Live representatives are available:

  • Monday-Wednesday: 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
  • Thursday: 6 am-4pm
  • Friday: 8 am-4pm
  • Saturday: closed
  • Sunday: 8 am-11:30am
  • Most holidays: 6-10 a.m.

Click here to view Times Union’s current services and prices.

What time should my journal arrive at my house?

Monday through Friday, you should receive your journal no later than 6 am; Saturday at 7 a.m. and Sunday, no later than 8 a.m.

Who should I call if I do not receive my paper?

If you do not receive your paper, call 518 454-5454. Ask a representative if you would like delivery to be handled by our electronic edition. If you are using our automated system, in most cases we can send a special newspaper delivery if you call before 10:30 am Thursday and Sunday only. If we can’t send you a log or if you call later, we’ll credit your account, extending your subscription.

How do I keep the logs from piling up while I’m on vacation?

Call 518-454-5454 at least one business day prior to your departure, and we will stop delivering your newspaper while you are on vacation. Let us know if you would like us to:

  • Hand in any missing papers upon your return
  • Donate your vacation journals to a local class.

I have a question regarding my newspaper subscription bill. Who must I call ?

Please call 518-454-5454 and a Subscriber Services representative will assist you.

How can I easily pay for my subscription?

The Times Union offers several payment options:

  • Log into Subscriber Services and you can view and / or make a one-time payment. Avoid the hassle of writing a check.
  • Credit / Debit Card: Our Easy Pay program – perhaps the most convenient method of payment, your credit or debit card is automatically charged in every subscription period you choose until you cancel it . Every day more and more customers are turning to this payment option, finding it convenient and rewarding.
  • Direct Debit from Checking Account: Provide us with a check marked “VOID” and a signed authorization form and your checking account will be debited every four weeks until you cancel.
  • Payment by mail: You will receive an invoice in the mail and can mail your payment in the envelope that came with your invoice or bring the payment to the lobby of the Times Union building between 8:30 a.m. and 5 p.m., Monday through Friday.

* Please note that any disputes regarding charges must be brought to our attention in writing within 60 days of the issue. The Times Union reserves the right, at its discretion, not to reimburse charges older than 60 days. Credit requests due to service issues must be made within 30 business days of the incident.

* PRICES ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE: The Times Union continues to make a concerted effort to keep the cost of subscriptions to a minimum for our readers. When a change in price or delivery frequency changes, the period of each subscriber will be adjusted according to the balance remaining in the account of each subscriber.

Am I charged for bonus days and premium days?

YES. Subscriptions can include up to eight premium numbers per year which are not included in your base subscription price. For 2021, premium days include April 22, June 24, and September 23. For each premium number, your account balance will be charged up to $ 6.95, which will be reflected in the billing period when the premium number is posted. This will result in a shortening of the length of your billing period. The Thanksgiving Home Delivery Edition will be billed at the Sunday Home Delivery rate, which will be reflected on your invoice.

How do I cancel my subscription?

You can cancel anytime by calling 518-454-5454 or managing your account on this link. Cancellation will take effect at the end of your billing period; refunds and credits will not be provided.

How do I tip my carrier?

If you want to tip your carrier, you can send your tip directly to them. If you pay your newspaper bill by mail, you will already receive a second envelope with your bill addressed to your carrier. Or you can include your tip with your payment by indicating the amount in the appropriate box on your invoice. If you have a complaint about your carrier, call us at 518-454-5454.

How can I reach someone from Times Union’s advertising department?

Here are the main figures of our Advertising services:

  • General classified: 518-454-5000
  • Legal classifieds: 518-454-5543
  • Classified national recruitment: 518-454-5487
  • TU Jobs: 518-454-5050
  • Retail Customer Service: 518-454-5588
  • Retail Cooperative / Telemarketing: 518 454-5609
  • National Retail Listings: 518-454-5585
  • Advertising retail area: 518-454-5300

How to place a classified ad?

To place a classified ad, call 518-454-5000. One of our qualified classifieds specialists will help you select the best classification and help you write your advertisement. If you call after hours, our Easy Access phone system will guide you through the process.

I have a question regarding my classified ad invoice. Who must I call ?

If you have a question about your classified ad bill, call 518 454-5595 and a billing representative from our business office will assist you.

How to place a retail display advertisement?

To advertise your retail or service business in a Times Union retail display ad, call 518-454-5588. We provide comprehensive and geographically targeted distribution of print advertising as well as preprinted advertising sections, flyers and flyers.

Why haven’t I received the same advertising columns as another subscriber?

Our advertisers choose the postal codes in which they wish to distribute their inserts according to the locations and sales in their stores. Some advertisers choose not to distribute their inserts to each of our subscribers.

I have a topical tip. Who must I call ?

If you see any news in the making or have a tip for a story, give us a call at 518-454-5420. Cellular One users can call * 800-TIPS.

Where should I send a press release?

Press releases should be sent to the appropriate news service at least two weeks before the desired publication date. News departments and offices include: Arts and Entertainment, Business, Capitol Office, Community News, Courthouse Office, Local News / Municipal Office, Life and Leisure News ( including food, technology, health, workplace, home, travel, pets, society, library, seniors and teens), photo, religion, Rensselaer County Office, Rensselaer County Office Saratoga County, Sports News. Consult our address book for the correct mailing address.

How to publish an obituary?

Death notices are processed by our classifieds service. Usually, your funeral director will contact us to arrange for the death notice to be posted, but in some cases family members may place the notice. For more information, please call our classifieds department at 518-454-5085 and one of our representatives will assist you.

How to publish an engagement, wedding, union or anniversary invitation?

Call our bridal consultant at 518-454-5090 for the appropriate forms. Depending on the type and size of the ad you choose, it can be free or paid.

Where to send a letter to the editor?

We value your views. Letters to the Editor are published daily and are subject to revision for length, taste and accuracy. When writing, include your name, city, and a daytime phone number. Send your letter to the editor to: Letters to the Editor, Times Union, News Plaza, Box 15000, Albany, NY 12212; or send your letter to the editor at [email protected].

Leave A Reply

Your email address will not be published.